Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Buffalo Chicken with a Twist

I took a couple of days off after running the half marathon to recoup and to use up some of my vacation time. After running a few 'errands' ( ie- me shopping for random house items/cookbooks), I decided to make myself a tasty salad. Enter my version of a buffalo chicken salad with a little twist:
Sweet & Spicy Buffalo Chicken Salad


Ingredients:
  • meat from leftover chicken wings, shredded
  • mixed salad greens
  • shredded carrots
  • half an orange, cut up
  • Dressing: paleo mayo, Frank's buffalo wing sauce (I use a 1: 1 1/2 ratio mayo to hot sauce) 
Method:
  • Put the salad greens in a bowl. 
  • Top with carrots, chicken and orange pieces
  • Mix up the dressing ingredients. 
  • Pour dressing over salad.
  • Enjoy!
I am a HUGE fan of buffalo chicken anything, be it wings, salad, sandwiches, etc... I also have a bit of a sweet tooth. So... the combo of the juicy, sweet orange and the spicy kick of the chicken is the ultimate flavor sensation for my taste buds! Quick, easy and soo good!


No comments:

Post a Comment