Sunday, August 26, 2012

First blog entry!

Today marks a new beginning for me. I'm am determined to enter the realm of the food blogger and, hopefully, have some margin of success. So here goes nothing...

This morning, after a 40 minute run and post run shower, I was racking my brain trying to think of what to make for breakfast. Recently, I've made the transition to eating Paleo (as in, gluten/grain/dairy free and fairly low carb). I've been eating eggs for my weekend breakfasts lately and felt as though I needed a change.

Enter, the paleo pancake. I used the following recipe as a base: http://www.paleo-project.com/paleo-recipes/breakfast/paleo-pancakes/ . My adaptation to make my single serving:

Ingredients:

  • 1 fairly ripe banana, cut into pieces
  • 1 egg
  • 1+1 tablespoon homemade almond butter
  • cinnamon, to taste
  • blueberries, as a topping
I ended up using my mini food processor to combine the banana, egg, 1 tbsp almond butter and cinnamon. After heating my pan to medium low and spraying it with cooking spray, I attempted to turn my liquidy batter into an awesome pancake. I poured enough for two in the pan and let them go to town. Things were great... until I went to flip them... FAIL! My pancakes fell apart.

Not to be discouraged, I pushed my "pancake" remnants aside and poured my remaining batter into the pan. This time, the cake was thicker and was able to be flipped with only a slight break.

I served my 1 2/3 pancakes with my remaining tablespoon of almond butter and blueberries. I must admit, despite the messy look, these guys tasted really good! (They were also quite filling!) I would have taken a picture of my not so success and posted, but was too hungry and scarfed them down.

I will make a good Paleo pancake using this recipe... it's only a matter of time.



No comments:

Post a Comment