Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mmmm, Mmmm, Muffins!

During the holiday season, I tend to do a lot of baking for friends and family. I've oh so conveniently become known as 'the Baker'... However, since I've gone Paleo, I haven't made too many of my usual baked delights. I am bound and determined to make a caveman friendly crowd pleaser at some point... But for now, I'm going to give out one of my non-Paleo goodies that's always a winner.

Peanut Butter & Nutella Banana Muffins



Ingredients:
  • 3 or 4 ripe bananas, smashed
  • 1/3 cup melted butter
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2 tbs creamy, all-natural peanut butter
  • 2 tbs Nutella
Method:
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  • With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
  • Sprinkle the baking soda, salt and flour, mix.
  • Scoop peanut butter and Nutella into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until the mix is somewhat syrupy (about 30 seconds). Pour into banana mixture and mix (Don't mix completely. Stir until there are still swirls of the peanut butter/Nutella combo and banana mix).
  • Pour mixture into greased muffin tin (or a lined tin). Fill each cup to about 3/4 full.
  • Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick entered into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
These muffins are amazing! Not too sweet, with a nice banana flavor. Plus, they have Nutella! Who doesn't like this stuff?! Bake these and everyone's going to be your friend.

FYI - I'm working on a way to make these sugar free/gluten free. I'm guessing it'll involve almond flour and maybe an extra banana or a little bit of honey for the sweetness... That recipe to come!


1 comment:

  1. Sarah, thanks for linking this in to Food on Friday. Cheers

    Ps If you would like email reminders of future Food on Fridays, just pop by and comment and include your email - I won't publish it - and the reminder will be by bcc so it will remain private

    ReplyDelete