Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Here's to Success!

Yesterday, I had an epiphany: It's been one year since I've had a soda. How fantastic is that?! I used to be so addicted to the stuff that I had to have some every day. Heaven forbid I didn't get my sugar fix. At my worst, I'd drink two 16 oz bottles a day and then I'd wonder why my stomach always hurt. My joints hurt and I slept terribly. Not anymore!

Because of this illustrious event, I decided to treat myself to a little 21 day sugar detox approved goodie. I've been thinking of whipping something up for a while now and haven't had a good enough reason to make it...

Coconut Butter

(Not the prettiest pic I've ever taken, but this stuff is awesome!)

Ingredients:
  • ~2 cups unsweetened coconut chips (I'm guessing on this as I just threw a whole bunch into the food processor)
  • 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
  • pinch of salt
  • splash of vanilla
Method:
  • Pour everything into a food processor or blender. Puree until the coconut breaks down and becomes smooth and essentially becomes butter-like (10-20 minutes, mine took ~12 minutes). You'll need to stop the food processor/blender a few times to scrape down the sides and prevent the mix from overheating too much. 
  • Pour your butter into a container and store at room temperature. (The butter will harden)
The flavor of this coconut butter is soo intense! It's fantastic! Sweet, rich and fatty... It's the ultimate indulgence! (Justin thinks this be great slathered on a piece of dark chocolate or on some sort of baked item. I believe he may be onto something...)

No comments:

Post a Comment