Monday, January 14, 2013

Kombucha Update

So it's been a while since I've talked about this lovely little home-brewed kombucha of mine... Let me just say that it turned out to be a SUCCESS! Plus, I can totally have 8 oz a day whilst on the sugar detox.

(Post first fermentation. Gross looking and a little funky smelling, but worth it in the end!)

All in all, it took me about 8 days for the first part of the fermentation. I then strained the liquid, bottled it and let it do a second ferment for 5 days. (This helped to cut down on the sharp vinegar flavor.) I know I was going to add a some apple slices or something for flavoring, but I found that this stuff tasted oh so good on it's own! 



The above picture is the beautiful finished product. Let the komucha brewing keep on going!

No comments:

Post a Comment